Monday, April 22, 2013

Believe in yourself

I am finding that the business of writing is very involved. Things I never even knew about, like marketing, branding, etc. I just thought it was write a story, get it published, cash the checks. Not so. I can't even begin to tell you what is involved with self-publishing. Maybe down the road when I'm not working a full time job, then writing, I can have the time to do self-publishing. But as for now, I'll let someone else do the majority of my marketing, while I handle the writing part.
I still am in charge of branding. Blogging, Facebooking, Tweeting, then writing, rewriting, editing, rewriting.
Next month I'll be getting my picture professionally done. Yes, you'll finally see a glammed up - heavily photoshopped picture of me. (Ha!) I've also ordered business cards to hand out if and when I meet agents. It's overwhelming at times if I stop to think about it. Fortunately I'm too busy to think.

I've finished yet another round of edits on my first manuscript. Two minutes after I send it off to my second beta reader, I think of more stuff to put in it. I swear the more I edit, the less confident I become. I think I'm adding something awesome to the story, but fear I'm taking away from it too.

I look up at this board above my computer and it tells me to "Believe in yourself" Easy to say, when you're a painted piece of wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment